Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Tipping Point

I was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed reading this book. I thought that the entire thing would be boring facts put together to make a point, but the way it was written actually brought me to want to continue reading. Gladwell uses many different examples that I can personally relate to. For example, he used "Blue's Clues" as an example which is a show that I watched when I was young. The fact that he relates to this show makes me feel like I am his target audience for this book, like this book was written for me to read. But not only does he include examples like this, he has little exercises throughout the book. At one point he tells the reader to count how many people he knew from the list of names given. With this he makes a point, but he also keeps the reader's mind active. This, I believe, was a very effective strategy, and I recommend the book. It gives reason to situations that people know are there, but have never considered in detail. This books explains these situations in an entertaining way.

No comments:

Post a Comment